Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Digital Studio Military Tribute

Hello friends!

Well, this post is a couple of days later than I said it would be.  What can I say?  My life and day job continually get in the way of my secret identity as a Mad Stamper!  But you know the saying - better late than never :)

At my day job, I'm part of the Spirit Committee.  I know, right?  How lucky!  Anyway, we had a campaign during October to collect donations for a military care package for a family member of one of our co-workers.  Last week, someone had the idea that we could have blank cards out by the donation box for staff to sign.

My Digital Studio to the rescue!  I don't have any patriotic stamps in my personal collection.  I checked out the My Digital Studio (MDS) catalog & found the Red, White, and Blue digital kit (#127163).  A quick "trip" to the website...a fast order...a speedy download...and I had everything I needed to design a card for the troops.  Even better...when I opened MDS and checked out the kit, I found there was a template for a card that needed no work at all!


How awesome is that?!  I simply saved the template as a jpeg, then pasted it into Microsoft Word - 4 to a page - and printed.  A few cuts with my paper cutter & I had card fronts that I could adhere to coordinating Marine Mist card stock.  BAM!

If you haven't heard about My Digital Studio yet, click here to learn everything you need to know and more.  It's perfect for scrapbooking, card making, calendars, movies, & on & on.  Plus it's a great tool to help design pages & cards.  It's so easy to swap out colors and embellishments until you have it just right.  Then you can recreate it with hands-on supplies.

Let me know if you have any questions.  You can purchase MDS and downloads, as well as all things Stampin' Up!, here on my website.

See you soon,

StamperNan

No comments:

Post a Comment